“Library is a heart of an Institution”-Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan, Former President of India.
Mahendra College of Engineering has established the Central Library in 2005. The Library is housed in a vast area of 1431 Sq/m with a Centralized Air Conditioned facility. The Library's main objective is to provide the right source to the right user at the right time. Besides, the Library has a vast collection of Books, Journals, Magazines, E-Resources, Newspapers, Project Reports, Back Volumes, and CDs/DVDs in the fields of Engineering and Technology, Management, Science and Humanities.
Mahendra College of Engineering has a Central Library, in addition to the Department Library which collectively supports the teaching - learning, research and extension programmes of the Institute. All the Students and Faculty Members of the Institute are encouraged to use the Library facilities by getting a Library Membership.
|Monday to Saturday
|9.00 AM to 6.00 PM
|10.00 AM to 4.00 PM
The Library aims to be the best among all engineering college Libraries in the country. Library intends to incorporate the latest technology and adopts a user-friendly approach towards students and faculty. Library offers comprehensive services related to the dissemination of knowledge.
The Library provides quality resources and innovative services to stimulate creativity, and intellectual curiosity, and to facilitate lifelong learning and research within the communities we serve.
- To enrich collections
- To enhance utilization of existing resources
- To add to the readership number every year.
- To enhance reading habits in students and staff
- To promote the library as a vibrant learning unit
- To promote the use of ICT
- To enhance e-Governance in the Library
All the Students, Faculty members and Supporting Staff of the Institution are eligible for membership in the Library.
Bloom Technologies Library Management Software (LMS)
The Library functions with full automation LMS software connected to the Central Server to store and retrieve data regarding the resources, users, and any other activities.
- The Library is fully computerized and automated with DDC coding.
- Magnetic Scanner and Bar-Coding with Acquisition Management.
- Circulation Services (Issue, Return and Renewal of books) facilities enabling the users to faster accessing to the Library.
- E-Gate Entry Register.
- Cataloguing, Serial Management and Report Management.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s) etc... to the users.
- Auto due reminder to users through E-mail (Issue, Return and Renewal of books and over dues).
Sufficient numbers of systems are available in the Digital Library section with Internet access facilities to access the e-resources. Users can access this section for educational, research and development purposes. Non-book materials such as CDs/DVDs along with the text/reference books/magazines are also kept in this section. A single CD/DVD will be issued per user on an overnight basis.