SC / ST Committee
- To adhere to the guidelines of Government of India and Following the directions issued by AICTE, the Scheduled Caste (SC) /Scheduled Tribes (ST) Caste Committee in the Institution is constituted to ensure the continued welfare of the reserved category.
- The cell has been established to support and to bring students from such communities in the main stream. The committee also acts as a redressal forum for the students and employees belonging to the SC/ST category to reach out in case of any grievances that they may face and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
Objectives of the Committee
- To counsel and guide SC/ ST students and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life effectively.
- To take necessary steps of measuring for ensuring effective implementation of the policy & programmes/schemes of the State and Central Govt. for SC-ST, if any.
- Guide the SC/ST students of the Institute, to optimally utilize the benefits of the schemes offered by the State Governments, Government of India (GOI) and AICTE.
- To function as a Grievances Redressal Cell for the Grievances of SC/ST students and employees of the institution and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as administrative problems.
- Students, especially belonging to SC/ST, if they have any issues on the above, may register their complaint either in the SC/ST Cell Committee office. The above Cell will meet once in a month and review all the complaints received and take/suggest remedial measures. Students are hereby requested to lodge a complaint with committee co-ordinator if there is any discrimination based on social origin.
- Analyse information on admissions, promote higher education through various coaching, training and employment of SC/ST, suffering economic, social and educational deprivations.
STUDENTS-ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Student Co-Ordinator representing the entire SC/ST crews shall meaningfully interact and express the opinions and suggestions of the other students of the college in order to improve the eﬀectiveness and help them to manage academic and personal issues of college life and policies & programmes/schemes of the State and Central Govt. for SC-ST, if any.
- Student Co-Ordinator address the problems experienced by other students, especially belonging to SC/ST, if they have any issues on the above, may register their complaint either in the SC/ST Cell Committee meeting.
- Student Co-Ordinator act as a representative of other SC/ST students and discuss and circulate the necessary steps of measuring for ensuring effective implementation of the policy & programmes/schemes of the State and Central Govt. for SC-ST, if any.
- As per university guideline, college constitutes the committee. The cell gives different information to the students of SC/ST communities. Meeting are arranged by cell time to time.
Name of the Cell / Committee
SC/ST Welfare Committee
|Dr. N. Mohanasundararaju, Principal
|Dr. H. Lilly Beaulah,
Professor & Head / CSE
|Dr.D.Vidhya, AP/Maths (Co-ordinator)
Mr. A. Amjath, AP/CSE (Member)
Ms. L.Radhakrishnan, AP/IT (Member)
Mr. S.Rameshkumar, AP/MECH (Member)
Mr.M.Inba Arasi, AP/EEE (Member)
Mrs. H.Kala, AP/BME (Member)
Mr.J.Sampathkumar, AP/ECE (Member),
Ms. P. Dharani Student/CSE (Student Co-Ordinator)
Mr.N.Vimalraj Student/CSE (Student Co-Ordinator)
Ms.M . Madhumitha Student/CSE (Student Co-Ordinator)