The Biomedical Engineering Society of India (BMESI) is an All India, non-profit making professional learned body. The Headquarters of the BMESI is presently at the Department of Biomedical Engineering, Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal.
- To encourage, promote and advance interdisciplinary co-operation amongst scientists, engineers, and medical doctors for the growth of teaching, research and practices of Biomedical Engineering.
- To disseminate knowledge in Biomedical Engineering.
- To stimulate and aid research and development in all aspects of Biomedical Engineering.
- To help the improvement of standards, terminology, equipment, methods and safety practices.
In pursuit of these objectives the Society may engage in the following activities:
- Publication of an official journal – “Medical and Life Sciences Engineering”
- Publishing bi-monthly newsletter - ENGMEDNEWS
- Set up an advisory service.
- Organize Symposium, Workshops, Conferences, Invited- lectures, study programmes, etc.
- Maintain contacts with other learned and professional organizations.