Initially The Central Library is setup in 2005. The Library housed in a vast area of 1431 Sq/m with fully Air Conditioned. The main aim of the library is to provide right source to the right user at the right time. Besides, the Library has a huge collection of Books, Journals, Magazines, Newspapers, Project documents, Back volumes, CDs, and DVDs in the field of Engineering and Technology, Management, Science and Humanities offers library services through its various Divisions.
MCE Library consists of a Central Library and Departmental Libraries which collectively support teaching, research and extension programmes of the Institute. All students, faculty members of the Institute are entitled to make use of the Library facilities on taking library membership.
- Monday to Saturday : 9.00 AM to 6.00 PM
- Holidays : 10.00 AM to 4.00 PM
- Circulation Service (Issue and Return).
- Digital Library Service.
- Reference Service.
- Book Bank.
- Inter Library Loan (ILL) Services through DELNET.
- Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC).
- Current Awareness Service (CAS).
- Selective Dissemination of Information Service (SDI).
- Digital Repository.
- Reprography Service.
- Newspaper Clipping Service.
- Users Awareness Programmes.
- Information Display Service.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- Library is “Mother of Knowledge”. Complete silence, dignity, and decorum should be maintained inside the Library.
- Using mobile phone inside the library is prohibited.
- Users must keep their belongings at the Property Counter before entering the library. However, they are advised not to leave valuable things like cell phones, purse etc. in their bags.
- Students wearing shorts, pajamas, night dresses, round neck and printed T-shirts etc are not allowed inside the library. Only formal dress code is allowed.
- Users must scan their ID card in system kept at the entrance while at entry and exit to record their presence in the library. In case of loss of the library ID card, the member should get a permission letter from the principal / HOD to enter into the library. Non-members of the library can access the library making an entry in the Entry Register kept at the entrance of the Library.
- If any book/ journal are brought out of the library without proper entry, it will be viewed seriously.
- Special privileges may be extended to a user with prior permission from the librarian and approval of the same by the Principal.
- Transfer Certificate will be issued only on submission of a No Dues Certificate from the Library after clearing all the dues like submission of books, documents etc.,
- The Librarian reserves the right to suspend the membership of any user on disciplinary grounds such as abusing or misbehaving with the library staff.
- It is the responsibility of every user to return the books on or before the due date, which can be known at the AUTOLIB or Due Date slip. In case they fail to return within the due date, they will have to pay a penalty of one rupee per day. Such defaulters are not permitted the avail the facility of borrowing any other book.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, and Journals referred within the Library should not be taken out.
- Certificate for “Best Library User Award” will be given to 3 students during the college Annual Day, based on the number of visits and usage of the facilities available in the library.
Specialized collections are available in Engineering and Technology, Sciences & Humanities, Socials Science etc.
|3||Journals & Magazines||173|
|10||E - Journals (Elsevier & DELNET )||675|
- Elsevier (Science Direct): https://www.sciencedirect.com
- DELNET (Developing Library Network – Delhi): http://184.108.40.206/
- NDL (National Digital Library): https://ndl.iitkgp.ac.in/
- NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning): http://nptel.ac.in/
- Mahendra Publication: http://mahendrapublications.com/index.php
- Digital Repositories: http://10.0.0.8/
OPEN ACCESS E - JOURNALS
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ): https://doaj.org/
- Elsevier Online Periodicals Repository (Nopr): https://www.elsevier.com/about/open-science
- NISCAIR Online Periodicals Repository: http://nopr.niscair.res.in/
- Scientific Research Publishing (E-Book and E-Journal Database): https://www.scirp.org/
- Springer Open Journals: https://www.springeropen.com/journals
- Trans stellar Journal Publications and Research Consultancy: http://www.tjprc.org/
- Science Publications: http://thescipub.com
- Research India Publications: https://www.ripublication.com/
- International Association of Engineering and Management: http://www.iaeme.com/
- Seventh Sense Research Group (SSRG): http://www.internationaljournalssrg.org/
- IBIMA Publishing: http://ibimapublishing.com
- Indian Academy of Sciences: http://www.ias.ac.in
- Hindawi publishes: https://www.hindawi.com/
- CSC Open-Access Library: http://www.cscjournals.org/
- OMICS International: https://www.omicsonline.org
- INTECH Open Science : https://www.intechopen.com
- E-Books Directory: http://www.e-booksdirectory.com/listing.php?category=73
- Download free eBooks-2: http://bookboon.com//
- Directory of Open Access Books (DOAB): https://www.doabooks.org/
- Free Computer, Mathematics, Technical Books :http://freecomputerbooks.com/
- FreeTechBooks: http://www.freetechbooks.com/
- Library is fully computerized and automated using Autolib Software with DDC coding, Magnetic Scanner, Bar Coding facilities enables the user for faster accessing the Library.
- OPAC (Online Public Access Catalogue) facility makes book searches easier with various options such as Title, Author, Keyword(s) and Subject(s) etc...
- A modern Digital Library with a high-speed internet access at the speed of 64 Mbps.
- Library is having LAN facility. By using this library software can be accessed by the students from the server.
- Library is having Wi-Fi network facility. By using this, the availability of books in the library can be known by all users.
- Separate sections of Book Bank, Periodicals, Back Volumes, Audio Visual, Reference and Project Materials are provided.
- Reprographic facilities such as Photocopier, Printer, Scanner and CD Writers.
The Librarian, Central Library,
Mahendra College of Engineering,
Mahendra Salem Campus,
Chennai Main Road, Minnampalli, Salem,
Tamil Nadu 636106.
Phone: (0427) 2482884
E-Mail id: firstname.lastname@example.org