- Mahendra college of Engineering has a Counseling centre to help the students out of their problems, personal, psychological, religious, financial and so on.
- At times psychological problems arise as a result of academic strain and stress, which required considerate and understanding consultation and counseling.
- This is provided by a team of efficient staff counselors under a convener.
- To get the services of counseling Centre, the students can directly contact the convener or any member of the staff, anytime, anywhere.
- Every teaching staff is attached with 15 students and takes care of the academic related counseling and also monitors the attendance and academic progress of the students.
- They also maintain contacts with the parents of the students. In general students suffer from mental stress resulting in depression, anxiety, adjust mental disorder, personality disorder, difficulty in handling relationships (with peers, family members) and substance abuse.
- In such cases students are referred or directed to professional counselors who are available in the campus. Counselors help to resolve and avoid potential problems and also help students to make constructive changes
- To provide guidance to the students on various option available in the course of their study.
- To identify & develop student abilities and interest.
- To help students solve their personal, educational & psychological problems.
- To create awareness among the students for their career avenues.
- To develop positive attitude & behavior toward challenges of life.
- To provide information to the students on the scope and relevance of all areas within and beyond their curriculum.
- To recognize their strength and weakness.
- To prevent psychological issues such as stress, depression and anxiety and provides remedy to such issues if any
- To provide special attention to hostelers who have specific issues like home sick and adjust mental problems
- To make students competent in soft skills, creativity, team work, communication and many more skills in addition to their technical education