Approved Business Incubator / Host Institution of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises (MSME)
- This Scheme provides opportunity to the innovators in developing and nurturing their new innovative ideas for the production of new innovative products which can be sent in to the market for commercialization.
- To promote emerging technological and knowledge based innovative ventures that seek the nurturing of ideas from professionals.
- To promote and support untapped creativity of individual innovators and also to assist Individual innovators to become technology based entrepreneurs.
- To promote networking and creating linkages with other constituents of the innovation chain for commercialization of their developments
- To Provide facilitation forums for resolving Industrial problems to enhance the growth of Industrial environment
- To generate gainful/meaningful employment
- Under this scheme Government of India is providing opportunity to the innovators in developing and nurturing their new innovative ideas for the production of new innovative products which can be sent in to the market for commercialization. Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises has been implementing this scheme since 2008 under the approved guidelines of GoI. Government of India's financial assistance of 75 % to 85 % of the project cost up to the maximum of 8.00 Lakh will be provided. This fund is routed through the Business Incubator (BIs). Mahendra College of Engineering is one of the approved Business Incubator by Ministry of Micro, Small & Medium Enterprises for this purpose since February 2018.
- Host Institutions (HI) are exploring the new innovative ideas from the Incubatee of various sectors that may be an existing and prospective entrepreneur. Even the students from the various streams are also participating in nurturing their new ideas through the Host Institutions as a part of their studies and career building.